A few weeks ago, I blogged about 16 things I wanted to accomplish in 2016. Today I thought it would be fun to see if I’ve made any progress in the first 21 days of 2016. I had a gymnastics coach growing up that said if you do a trick 21 times perfectly, your body will remember how to do it. 21 times (or in this case, days) makes a habit!
So let’s see how I’m doing (although I’ve only been doing some of these 17 days since I started my healthy eating on the 4th!)
1. Cut out sugary drinks – With the exception of a cup of pop during a Steelers game and a few glasses of much needed wine, I’ve done really well with this one!
2. Work out at least 3 times per week – I’ve struggled with this one, but I’ve been really busy (and really sore!) so I know this will take some time.
3. No snacking after 8 pm – For the most part I’ve done well with this… with the exception of a football party!
4. *THE HARDEST RESOLUTION OF THEM ALL* Limit my French fry intake – I have not had fries since January 2nd. I’M ON A ROLL!
5. 7-8 hours of sleep every night – I really need to work on this one… my Fitbit helps me track my sleep, but some nights I get 9 hours and others I only get 5. HELP! What are some tips to going to sleep earlier or meeting my sleeping goal?
6. Keep a food journal – I started this, but I’ve given up. I’ve had strong enough will power without writing everything down, and honestly it wasn’t doing much for me!
7. Eat breakfast everyday – Check!
8. SAVE MONEY! – Well, I’m working on it 🙂
9. Eat out <2 times per week – I’ve successfully done this too! Go me! This one is really hard because sometimes it’s just easier to go out and grab takeout!
10. Become a better cook – See my post from Tuesday! 🙂
11. Read two books per month – Well I have 9 days left this month to get on this. I’ve been slacking here….
12. Spend 30 minutes-1 hour per day alone without my phone – I need to be more strict with this one. Driving in my car, showering, sleeping, etc. don’t count! I need to take more time to reflect!
13. Graduate college – Well I started my last official college class sooooo… it’s getting real people!
14. Worry less – I thought I would be super stressed with starting a new job and keeping 2 part time jobs and being in class, but I’ve done well so far!
15. Blog more! – I’m on a roll this week so I’d say I’m doing okay! 🙂
16. Enjoy 2016 and live life to the fullest – These last 21 days have been great, can’t wait to see what the rest of the year has in store!
If you read this entire thing, go you! You’re awesome. If you made it this far and have any saving money tips, getting more sleep tips, or how to make time to reflect and relax without electronics, please share them!